Sunday 17 March 2013

Guest Post: Fantasy Author, Petteri Hannila

Apologies for the delay in service dear readers! I've had myself a little time away 'in the sun', but normal viewing will resume.....now? I'm still unpacking/dusting off from the trip, so with little time to spin a yarn of my own, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to another author friend of mine, Petteri Hannila from across the pond in Finland (check me out getting all global/European and the like). His acclaimed stories, known as 'Fargoer', have gained a lot of attention here on the interwebz so I thought it was about time we learn a little more about the 'man behind the pen'.




I'm a writer from Central Finland, a software designer by day and a dad/husband/dreamer/martial artist by night.
It all began when I was eight years old. I found out that there were books of Tarzan, my childhood hero. My mother started to read them to me, but censored them - all of you who have read them know why. Annoyed by this, I started to read them on my own. Dreams and legends have followed me from those days, as companions on my voyage through life.
Only few years after that I thought about writing for the first time, but for a long time I pushed it away from my mind for supposedly more important things. Finally I understood that none of my stories would ever see the daylight until I got started, and I did. From the days of Tarzan, exciting adventures and fantasy stories set in the past and the future have been my interest. Thus, the natural choice for me was to start writing science fiction and fantasy. Some years ago the idea of Fargoer made its way into my consciousness, and it hasn't loosened its grip of me since.
New Fargoer stories and paths of Vierra's future circle in my thoughts until I write them out. There are so many stories to tell until the end, and that end is painted clearly on my mind.
I believe Fargoer can bring a breath of fresh air to the fantasy genre, featuring a powerful historical background (the genre is historical fantasy) and storyline combined with a strong female protagonist. The book was released in Finland earlier this year, and the feedback has been promising and encouraging. Here in Finland, me and my brother Miika are pioneers in self-publishing, since the field is completely dominated by traditional publishing houses and large companies. Besides hoping to offer people an enjoyable and immersive read, we hope that Fargoer would clear the way for other independent, quality releases from Finland. We also believe Fargoer would be an exotic read for many, since our country is so far away and quite unknown to most of the world.





Fargoer is available from:

Amazon
B&N






No comments:

Post a Comment